Who should attend?
If you work with Naturally Occurring Radioactive Materials (NORM) or other unsealed radiation sources, this course will benefit your ability to understand the nature of the hazards associated within your workplace or project areas.
It is ideal for Project Managers, Operational and technical employees that work in environments where NORM may be encountered and requires management or mitigation.
One Day Course (full day includes morning tea and lunch) – $600.00 per person
What you will learn:
- Radiation Science – the basics
- Interaction of radiation with matter
- Background radiation and NORM
- Biological Effects of Ionising Radiation
- Radiation Protection – Planned and Existing Exposures
- Radiation Protection – Transport
- Radiation Detectors and Survey Meters
- Contamination (and decontamination)
- Naturally Occurring Radioactive Materials – Revisited
- NORM – Where do you find it
- Managing NORM
- NORM examples and Case studies
- Regulation and Controls
- Assessing NORM impacts
- NORM Measurement
(1 hour, open book examination)
Dr Ross Kleinschmidt
Queensland Department of Health Approval Number: ED292
Next Course Available: