M6 Stage 1 Motorway
CPB - Ghella Joint Venture
PROJECT DELIVERABLES /
• Environmental Planning
• Post Approvals Documentation
• Environmental Management
Epic was engaged by the CPB-Ghella Joint Venture to provide environmental consulting services for Stage 1 of the M6 Motorway being delivered on behalf of Transport for New South Wales. The project aims to deliver a 4 km continuous twin tunnel to connect the new M5 and President Avenue in Sydney's south. Construction works will commence in 2022 and are scheduled to be completed by 2025. Epic was engaged to prepare post-approval documentation to enable construction of this Critical State Significant Infrastructure project in accordance with the Infrastructure Approval issued by the Department of Planning and Environment.
Epic completed the following for the project:
- Preparation and delivery of a Construction Environmental Management Plan and the following sub-plans, inclusive of associated monitoring programs, in addition to other technical procedures and governance documentation:
Air quality and odour management
Landfill and leachate management
Soil and surface water management
- Development and management of approvals schedule for the project
- Agency and stakeholder consultation following delivery of the stated management plans
- Development of Resource Recovery Exemption/Orders for the project and consultation with the NSW Environment Protection Authority
Epic was able to provide the project with a comprehensive Construction Environmental Management Plan and has consistently completed all works to not only meet the requirements of the statutory approval but also the expectations of the construction and environmental teams of the Joint Venture.