WE ARE EPIC
Epic Environmental is the leading environmental consultancy in QLD and NSW. We leverage team culture and expertise to deliver innovative outcomes for our clients and the environment. We define ourselves by providing exceptional technical solutions while supporting our staff to challenge themselves and accelerate their careers. Above all, we are flexible and attuned to the dynamics of modern professional consulting.
We are offering a number of roles that could fast-track your career by working in an environment where you are encouraged to challenge yourself to think outside the box. If you are an Environmental Planner who is interested in the infrastructure, energy and resource sectors, we’d like to hear from you!
We are delivering a variety of projects and growing our current teams to accommodate demand. This means we want to attract more Environmental Planners, ranging in experience from graduate to Principal levels, to support major linear infrastructure projects that are kicking-off in regional NSW and to expand our presence in the Northern NSW area.
Under the direction of our Team Leaders and Principal staff you will support the delivery of environmental projects with a focus on statutory approval processes, construction management and environmental compliance needed on large linear infrastructure. Understanding of NSW and Commonwealth environmental legislation would be ideal. Core tasks will include researching literature & regulatory requirements, writing internal and client correspondence and reports and data interpretation & analysis. Fieldworks will be required from time to time.
Depending on your level of experience and intended role, the following criteria would apply:
- Tertiary qualifications from a recognised institution in Environmental Planning / Management or related disciplines or similar relevant degree.
- Relevant demonstrated experience in statutory and environmental planning, environmental management, site management, compliance monitoring / reporting and impact assessment.
- Working knowledge of relevant NSW Environmental legislation, policies and knowledge of standards and guidelines.
- Experience in construction, and/or the resources sector is desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience in relevant environmental documentation.
- Strong client relationships and, business development skills.
- Demonstrated team player and able to self-motivate and take ownership of and be accountable for delivery of tasks and projects.
- Challenge – We ask ourselves ‘is there a better way’
- Team Spirit – We work together as a team
- Down to Earth – We are privileged to do what we do
- Be the Best – We strive to be the best
- Personalised Service – We create value for our clients
- Flexible work arrangements to fit with office or remote /home set-up.
- Feel trusted and empowered to take ownership of your career, projects and contributions.
- Regular social events and activities for team building (ping pong, baking, trivia – if it’s fun it’s Epic)
- Work in a team with highly skilled, certified and respected Professional consultants.
- Strong commitment to professional development including structured buddy & mentoring system, support for further studies, attaining certification, professional memberships & working with industry leaders
- Challenging and rewarding projects across Australia that contribute to better environmental outcomes
- Opportunities to shape not only your career but the direction of the company by involvement in designing and implementing the Strategic Plan
- Enjoy coming to work and working in a friendly and welcoming office environment & as part of a collaborative team culture that values flexibility and fun
- Birthday day off.
Don’t believe us – check it out for yourself: https://au.linkedin.com/company/epic-environmental-pty-ltd
If you think you are Epic material:
- Submit your CV and cover letter addressing the Epic Essentials to [email protected]
- State job code SAA_06JUN2022_PRO_PLN in the subject line
- The closing date for this role is 31 AUG 2022
- Suitable candidates will be contacted within 1-2 weeks after the closing date
An attractive salary in line with level and experience can be negotiated.
If you have any questions call 1800 779 363 and ask for Duncan Boss-Walker for a confidential discussion.