Coffs Harbour Regional Aerodrome (CHRA), is an important facility for both domestic passengers and freight transport.
According to Civil Aviation and Safety Authority requirements, Obstacle Limitation Surfaces (OLS) must be upheld for areas that are proximal to particular runways and aerodromes.
Epic Environmental were engaged to:
- Assess ecological impacts related to vegetation and other incursions into the OLS at sites surrounding the CHRA;
- Complete a regulatory assessment of obligations required under Commonwealth, State and local laws;
- Prepare a referral under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 for relevant Commonwealth matters;
- Undertake a Part 5 assessment under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 for within the OLS; and
- Propose an OLS Strategy, that could be implemented to provide a proactive management approach.
Epic Environmental completed the assessment and recommended an assessment pathway, that would provide Council with an efficient approach to treat current and future OLS incursions.
Coffs Harbour Regional Airport, Coffs Harbour
Coffs Harbour City Council
- Assess ecological impacts
- Complete a regulatory assessment
- Propose an Obstacle Limitation Surfaces (OLS) Strategy