Epic was commissioned by Onesteel Manufacturing Pty Ltd (Onesteel) to undertake a Due Diligence Environmental Site Assessment (ESA), for the site located at Ingall St, Mayfield. This Due Diligence ESA is required to support the proposed property divestment that would identify potential areas of contamination due to current or historical activities. The specific objectives of this factual Due Diligence assessment are to:
- Identify past and present potentially contaminating activities;
- Identify potential type and nature of soil contamination;
- Discuss the current site condition; and
- Provide a preliminary assessment of soil contamination.
To achieve the objectives outlined above, Epic conducted an historical search of available site information and completed a preliminary intrusive soil investigation and groundwater monitoring event.
Based on the information outlined in this factual Due Diligence report, Epic Environmental are able to facilitate the transaction by:
- Detailing the extensive history of heavy industrial activity that commenced in the 1930’s;
- Developed a conceptual site model to describe the areas of concern;
- Completing the intrusive program to determine the extent and nature of contaminated soil and groundwater;
- Developed indicative estimates on impacted soil and groundwater remediation program and associated clean-up costs; and
- Present an independent report with clear and concise findings and assumptions.
Onesteel Manufacturing Pty Ltd
- Due Diligence Environmental Site Assessment (ESA) to identify past and present potentially contaminating activities, identify potential type and nature of soil contamination, discuss the current site condition; and provide a preliminary assessment of soil contamination
- Conduct historical search of available site information
- Complete a preliminary intrusive soil investigation and groundwater monitoring