Epic Environmental was commissioned by Liberty Industrial Pty Ltd, to supervise remediation and validation works; as part of the Northshore Hamilton Theodore Barcham Link Remediation project.
The site contains a part of Brisbane’s largest urban renewal project, Northshore Hamilton Urban Renewal Precinct, with remediation works to be completed prior to the construction of a new road linking Theodore and Barcham Streets.
The historic uncontrolled filling at the site resulted in contamination of the site, with friable and non – friable asbestos products; approximately 80,000 m3 of asbestos impacted soils requiring excavation and offsite disposal.
Remediation and Validation works commenced in November 2015 and were completed in April 2016.
Epic worked with Liberty Industrial to:
- Manage the remediation and offsite disposal of asbestos – impacted soils in accordance with State and Commonwealth Guidelines;
- Establish and monitor protocols to ensure protection of the environment and the safety of site workers and the general public during the remediation, validation and bulk earthworks phases of the development; and
- Complete remediation and validation works in accordance with regulatory requirements enabling the site to be removed from EHP’s EMR.
Epic Environmental provided competent service during this time, enabling a safe completion of works. During the course of remediation and validation works, Epic identified numerous pragmatic site processes that brought value for money to Liberty Industrial.
- Manage the remediation and offsite disposal of asbestos impacted soils
- Establish and monitor protocols
- Complete remediation and validation works