Oresome Australia Pty Ltd, is proposing to mine bauxite from a site at Urquhart Point, just south of Weipa on the western side of Cape York. Due to the high quality of the bauxite, the product can be shipped directly to customers in Asia.
The mining operation utilises novel approaches, reducing the area of exposure, replacing overburden within a single season; this will have significant benefits for rehabilitation and recovery.
Epic Environmental, was beckoned by Oresome to partake in ecological field studies (flora and fauna), develop the groundwater field sampling program, prepare a referral under the Environmental Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 , subsequent Preliminary Documentation reports, identify and negotiate suitable biodiversity offsets, prepare a Site Specific Environmental Authority application under the Environmental Protection Act 1994, develop the suite of Environmental Management Plans required for construction and assist with related environment matters.
Through the approvals and development phases, Epic continues to support Oresome; preparing for mining in 2017.
Urquhart Point, Weipa, Queensland
Oresome Australia Pty Ltd
- Undertake ecological field studies (flora and fauna)
- Develop the groundwater field sampling program
- Prepare a referral under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 and subsequent Preliminary Documentation report
- Identify and negotiate suitable biodiversity offsets
- Prepare a Site Specific Environmental Authority application under the Environmental Protection Act 1994
- Develop the suite of Environmental Management Plans required for construction