Epic Environmental is a leading environmental consultancy that leverages team culture and expertise to deliver innovative outcomes for our clients and the environment. We are able to offer an exciting opportunity to develop and fast -track your career by:
- Providing career advancement opportunities within a fast-growing dynamic company
- Supporting a collaborative company culture
- Working in a team with highly respected Professional consultants
- Challenging and rewarding projects across Australia.
Epic Environmental Pty Ltd (Epic) is a well-respected, client-focused services firm working with National clients across the mining and resources, energy and renewables, industrial, construction, infrastructure and property markets. We deliver industry leading environmental solutions for a range of services including environmental planning and EIS, environmental management and compliance, contaminated site assessment including remediation and management of contaminated soil, groundwater and sediment, property due diligence reporting, landfill design and monitoring, for the private sector as well as all levels of government.
We define ourselves by providing exceptional technical solutions while supporting our staff to challenge themselves and accelerate their careers.
An exciting opportunity exist within our fast-growing Brisbane office within our environmental services area for an Environmental Scientist / Engineer / Planner with greater than 5 years experience. Under the direction of our Team Leaders and Principal staff you will support the delivery of environmental projects with a focus on statutory approval processes and environmental impact assessments. Understanding of QLD and Commonwealth environmental legislation is a requirement for this role. Core tasks will include researching literature & regulatory requirements, writing internal and client correspondence and reports and data interpretation & analysis. Fieldworks may be required from time to time.
At Epic we are selective in developing our diverse and effective team culture and will only consider diligent, passionate and motivated professionals with the ability to seize the initiative, apply innovative ideas and demonstrate technical excellence.
Mandatory selection criteria to qualify for this role:
- Tertiary qualifications from a recognised institution in environmental science, environmental planning, environmental engineering or similar relevant degree.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an environmental consulting role, or similar, with at least 5 years operating in QLD or NSW.
- Understanding of QLD and Commonwealth environmental legislation.
- Experience with statutory approvals processes.
- Experience with environmental impact assessment.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- A demonstrated ability to liaise with clients and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated team player and able to self-motivate and take ownership of and be accountable for delivery of projects.
Desirable skills and experience for this role:
- Understanding and experience of ecological field methods.
- Understanding of NSW environmental legislation and statutory approval processes.
- Experience in compliance management.
- Experience dealing mining and resource industry.
- Experience in managing the delivery of large-scale environmental approval projects.
- Ability to undertake business development and grow opportunities for Epic.
Benefits & culture
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Convenient Brisbane office location (City).
- Supportive colleagues.
- Opportunity to be involved in wide range of challenging projects.
- Opportunity to travel nationally.
If you are seeking a new challenge, please call 1800 779 363 for a confidential discussion. Alternatively, submit your CV and cover letter addressing the role requirements, via email to [email protected], by 11 December, 2020 using the email header Senior Environmental Scientist – Brisbane.