Epic Environmental is a leading environmental consultancy that leverages team culture and expertise to deliver innovative outcomes for our clients and the environment. We are able to offer an exciting opportunity to develop and fast -track your career by:
- Providing career advancement opportunities within a fast-growing dynamic company
- Supporting a collaborative company culture
- Working in a team with highly respected Professional consultants
- Challenging and rewarding projects across Australia.
Epic Environmental Pty Ltd (Epic) is a well-respected, client-focused services firm working with National clients across the mining and resources, energy and renewables, industrial, construction, infrastructure and property markets. We deliver industry leading environmental solutions for a range of services including environmental planning and EIS, environmental management and compliance, contaminated site assessment including remediation and management of contaminated soil, groundwater and sediment, property due diligence reporting, landfill design and monitoring, for the private sector as well as all levels of government.
We define ourselves by providing exceptional technical and solutions while supporting our staff to challenge themselves and accelerate their careers.
An exciting opportunity exist within our Brisbane office for a Senior Hydrogeologist with 8-15+ years’ experience; working under the direction of our Associate staff and Qld/NSW Contaminated Land Auditor you will support the delivery of contaminated land management and remediation projects.
The Senior Hydrogeologist’s core tasks will include direct client contact and consulting services, field investigation and data gathering with an emphasis on data interpretation and analysis. A high level of technical competency in all aspects of groundwater field work is essential. Demonstrated experience in designing and conducting hydrogeological field programs including management of contractors and budgets is also a requirement. Other core tasks include research literature & regulatory requirements, write internal and client correspondence and reports. Proven client management and business development is also expected. This role will also act as the technical specialist applying hydrogeological theories/concepts to projects.
At Epic we are selective in developing our diverse and effective team culture and will only consider diligent, passionate and motivated professionals with the ability to seize the initiative, apply innovative ideas and demonstrate technical excellence. You will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications from a recognised institution in water resources / hydrogeology / geology or related discipline or similar relevant degree.
- A minimum of 8-15+ years’ of demonstrated experience in groundwater resources, hydrogeological assessments, dewatering, groundwater monitoring, geochemistry, environmental assessments, and/or groundwater modelling.
- Working knowledge of relevant Qld and NSW Environmental legislation, relevant contaminated land guidelines and knowledge of National & Queensland groundwater legislation and policies, standards and guidelines
- A high level of competency in all aspects of groundwater field work is essential.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of the national technical framework such as NEPM (Assessment of Site Contamination).
- Demonstrated Contaminated Land Experience.
- Experience in the mining and resource sector is also desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience in relevant environmental documentation.
- Strong client relationships and, business development skills.
- Demonstrated team player and able to self-motivate and take ownership of and be accountable for delivery of contaminated land tasks and projects.
Benefits & culture
- Flexible working arrangements
- Convenient Brisbane city office location
- Supportive colleagues
- Opportunity to be involved in wide range of challenging projects
- Opportunity to travel nationally and possibly internationally
If you are seeking a new challenge, please call 1800 779 363 for a confidential discussion. Alternatively, submit your CV and cover letter addressing the role requirements to [email protected].