Environmental Scientist / Engineer
WE ARE EPIC
Epic Environmental is a leading environmental consultancy that leverages team culture and expertise to deliver innovative outcomes for our clients and the environment. We define ourselves by providing exceptional technical solutions while supporting our staff to challenge themselves and accelerate their careers.
Epic is a well-respected, client-focused services firm working across the mining and resources, energy and renewables, industrial, construction, infrastructure and property markets. We offer industry leading environmental solutions to national and selected international markets. Epic’s range of services include environmental planning and statutory approvals, environmental management and compliance, contaminated site assessment including remediation and management of contaminated soil, groundwater and sediment, property due diligence reporting, landfill design and monitoring, for the private sector as well as all levels of government.
We offer an exciting opportunity to develop and fast -track your career by working in an environment where you are encouraged to challenge yourself to think outside the box. If you are a Project level Environmental Scientist / Engineer with a minimum of 2 years’ experience we’d like to hear from you!
- Challenge – We ask ourselves ‘is there a better way’
- Team Spirit – We work together as a team
- Down to Earth – We are privileged to do what we do
- Be the Best – We strive to be the best
- Personalised Service – We create value for our clients
To be considered Epic material you will need to be:
- Someone professional but does not take themselves too seriously
- Someone that works autonomously but knows when to ask for help
- Someone that knows how to be a leader but is also good at taking direction
- Someone focused on their own career development but also supports and helps colleagues to grow professionally
- Someone that likes to work hard but is never too busy to lend a hand to others and knows how to have fun
- Someone that is future driven but never forgets the people & clients that helped you get to where you
- Work with some of the best clients in Australia on a variety of challenging projects across the country
- Work on challenging and rewarding projects across Australia that contribute to better environmental outcomes
- Feel trusted and empowered to take ownership of your projects and provide innovative solutions
- Opportunity to innovate and form collaborative partnerships with clients
- Work in a team with highly skilled, certified and respected Professional consultants
- Work with the best striving to be the best
- Strong commitment to professional development including structured buddy & mentoring system, support for further studies, attaining certification, professional memberships & working with industry leaders
- Opportunities to shape not only your career but the direction of the company by involvement in designing and implementing the Strategic Plan
- Enjoying coming to work and working in a friendly and welcoming office environment & as part of a collaborative team culture that values flexibility and fun
- Regular social events and activities for team building (ping pong, baking, trivia – if it’s fun it’s Epic)
- Birthday day off.
Don’t believe us – check it out for yourself: https://au.linkedin.com/company/epic-environmental-pty-ltd
THE BORING BITS
Our fast-growing Brisbane office is looking for a Project level Environmental Scientist / Engineer in the environmental services area.
Under the direction of our Team Leaders and Principal staff you will support the delivery of environmental projects with a focus on statutory approval processes, construction management and environmental compliance. Understanding of QLD and Commonwealth environmental legislation is a requirement for this role. Core tasks will include researching literature & regulatory requirements, writing internal and client correspondence and reports and data interpretation & analysis. Fieldworks will be required from time to time.
To be considered for this position, you will need to possess the following:
- Tertiary qualifications from a recognised institution in environmental science, hydrogeology, geology or environmental engineering or similar relevant degree
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience operating in QLD
- Understanding of QLD and Commonwealth environmental legislation
- Experience with statutory approvals processes
- Experience with construction management is a bonus
- An interest in the waste industry is highly desired (but not essential)
- Excellent written communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to liaise with clients and other stakeholders
- Demonstrated team player and able to self-motivate and take ownership of and be accountable for delivery of contaminated land tasks and projects
- Exposure to proposal writing and developing innovative approaches to solving client problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience in relevant environmental documentation
- Demonstrated team player and able to self-motivate and take ownership of and be accountable for delivery of tasks and projects
- Ability to undertake business development and grow opportunities for Epic.
If you think you are Epic material:
- Please submit your CV and cover letter no later than 2 July 2021 addressing the boring bits to [email protected] (stating “Environmental Scientist – Environmental Compliance” in the subject line). Candidates will be contacted within 1-2 weeks after the closing date
- The first interview focuses on the boring bits (your ability to meet the role requirements)
- The second interview is held in an informal setting as agreed by you.
An attractive salary in line with level and experience can be negotiated.
If you have any questions call 1800 779 363 and ask for Scott Lambert for a confidential discussion.
Whilst Epic do from time-to-time work with recruitment specialists, we ask not to be contacted by recruitment agencies on this occasion, applicants must apply directly through our enquiries email address to be considered.