WE ARE EPIC
Epic Environmental is a leading environmental consultancy that leverages team culture and expertise to deliver innovative outcomes for our clients and the environment. We define ourselves by providing exceptional technical solutions while supporting our staff to challenge themselves and accelerate their careers.
Epic is a well-respected, client-focused services firm working across the mining and resources, energy and renewables, industrial, construction, infrastructure and property markets. We offer industry-leading environmental solutions to national and selected international markets. The contaminated land team services include contaminated site assessment including remediation and management of contaminated soil, groundwater and sediment, property due diligence reporting, for the private sector as well as all levels of government.
We offer an exciting opportunity to develop and fast-track your career by working in an environment where you are encouraged to challenge yourself to think outside the box. If you are an Environmental Scientist / Engineer with 1-3 years’ experience in the contaminated land industry we’d like to hear from you!
- Challenge – We ask ourselves ‘is there a better way’
- Team Spirit – We work together as a team
- Down to Earth – We are privileged to do what we do
- Be the Best – We strive to be the best
- Personalised Service – We create value for our clients
THE EPIC MATERIAL
To be considered Epic material you will need to be:
- Someone who wants to take their career to the next level
- Someone professional but does not take themselves too seriously
- Someone that works autonomously but knows when to ask for help
- Someone that knows how to be a leader but is also good at taking direction
- Someone focused on their own career development but also supports and helps colleagues to grow professionally
- Someone that likes to work hard but is never too busy to lend a hand to others and knows how to have fun
- Someone that is future driven but never forgets the people & clients that helped you get to where you are
- Work with some of the best clients in Australia on a variety of challenging projects across the country
- Work on challenging and rewarding projects across Australia that contribute to better environmental outcomes
- Feel trusted and empowered to take ownership of your projects and provide innovative solutions
- Opportunity to innovate and form collaborative partnerships with clients
- Work in a team with highly skilled, certified and respected Professional consultants
- Work with the best striving to be the best
- Strong commitment to professional development including structured buddy & mentoring system, support for further studies, attaining certification, professional memberships & working with industry leaders
- Opportunities to shape not only your career but the direction of the company by involvement in designing and implementing the Strategic Plan
- Enjoying coming to work and working in a friendly and welcoming office environment & as part of a collaborative team culture that values flexibility and fun
- Regular social events and activities for team building
- Birthday day off!
Don’t believe us – check it out for yourself: https://au.linkedin.com/company/epic-environmental-pty-ltd
Our dynamic Brisbane office is looking for an Environmental Scientist / Engineer in the contaminated land area. Core tasks will include field investigation and data gathering with an emphasis on data interpretation and analysis, research literature & regulatory requirements, project management, and writing internal and client correspondence and reports.
To be considered for this position, you will need to possess the following:
- Tertiary qualifications from a recognised institution in environmental science, hydrogeology, geology or environmental engineering or similar relevant degree
- A minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in an environmental consulting role operating in Australia
- Working knowledge of relevant QLD Environmental legislation and relevant contaminated land guidelines
- Demonstrated understanding and application of the national technical framework such as NEPM (Assessment of Site Contamination)
- Exposure to proposal writing and developing innovative approaches to solving client problems
- Understanding and experience in working within the QLD Contaminated Land Auditor Framework
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience in relevant environmental documentation
- Demonstrated team player and able to self-motivate and take ownership of and be accountable for delivery of contaminated land tasks and projects
If you are a Graduate with a passion for working in contaminated land, we would love to hear from you too!
If you think you are Epic material:
- Submit your CV and cover letter no later than 30 November 2021 addressing the role requirements to [email protected] (stating Brisbane CL Role in the subject line). Suitable candidates will be contacted within 1-2 weeks
- The first interview focuses on your ability to meet the role requirements
- The second interview is held in an informal setting
A salary in line with level and experience can be negotiated. If you have any questions call Charles Kosecki on 1800 779 363 for a confidential discussion.