Epic provides professional advice, assessment and monitoring services to clients and stakeholders on matters relating to the safe use and impact of radiation sources on humans, biota and the environment. We are a multidisciplinary team of skilled and qualified experts meeting industry requirements for the provision of radiological services.
Your Business and Radiation Sources
Whether you are in the resources, industry, medical, research or government sector, many organisations don’t realise they may have a need to manage the impacts of ionising radiation on their business. Be it the presence of Naturally Occurring Radioactive Materials (NORM) in raw materials, production and processing facilities or waste streams, how to best transport and dispose of radiopharmaceutical wastes, or to generally meet regulatory obligations under radiation safety and environmental legislation, Epic can guide you on this journey.
Epic is facilitating an integrated service delivery platform combining experts from both health physics and environmental sciences to provide an unprecedented approach in service delivery. We can provide a methodology (including use of our advanced environmental radiation survey spectrometers) that will meet government requirements and deliver cost and time targets.
Epic has the capability to address your needs and provide sound, cost effective solutions.
Our services include:
- Environmental radioactivity baseline studies (including reconstruction) and risk assessments including exposure pathway assessments;
- Assessment, remediation and rehabilitation of NORM impacted sites;
- Expert audit support and investigations on land contaminated by radioactive materials;
- Radiation dose reconstruction (post incident or exposure);
- Decontamination and decommissioning of radiation facilities;
- Regulatory compliance and surveillance monitoring programs;
- Compliance testing (Queensland) of radiation devices and facilities to meet regulatory obligations;
- Radiation safety audit and training;
- Radioactive waste consolidation and disposal;
- Radiobiology and the impact of radioactivity on non-human species; and
- Assessment of radioactivity in air (radon), foods, groundwater& soils.
Our radiation health physicist is accredited to certify radiation devices and facilities, is licensed to Use and Transport radiation sources, and is an authorised Radiation Safety Officer (under the Queensland Radiation Safety Act 1999 and Regulation 2010).
With over 30 years’ experience in regulatory, technical and professional health & medical physics service delivery, and with the support of a multidisciplinary team of environmental scientists and engineers, Epic can provide an affordable and fit-for-purpose approach to assist with your project or regulatory compliance needs.