Epic Environmental (Epic) was commissioned by Property Development Solutions on behalf of Royal Duke Developments as the appointed Contaminated Land Auditor as part of the redevelopment of the property located at 50 McLachlan Street, Fortitude Valley.
The site was to be redeveloped to a multistorey residential development with a three-level basement carpark, however as the site was on the EMR due to historical filling and wastes, remediation and validation was required. The purpose of the Audit was to facilitate the removal of the property from the EMR and allow the development to proceed.
The Auditor role undertaken by Brad May, included the assessment and review of a Stage 1 and 2 ESA program across the development footprint and facilitate the development of Remediation Action Plan. The RAP was approved for the remediation works allowing the Auditor to be completed various site inspections during the course of the works to support the project team and the consultant.
On completion of the remediation works, the consultant prepared a validation report (CLID in accordance with the EP Act) and allow the Auditor to review and confirm the sites suitability.
Epic’s engagement as the Contaminated Land Auditor demonstrated:
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders to achieve the required project outcomes;
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the Auditor framework and ability to develop the most time and cost-effective approach within the regulatory process;
- A clear understanding of the development industry drivers and ability to communicate regulatory requirements and execution of pragmatic solutions.
Fortitude Valley, Brisbane, Queensland
Royal Duke Developments
- Audit to facilitate the removal of the property from the EMR and allow the development to proceed
- The Auditor role included the assessment and review of a Stage 1 and 2 ESA program across the development footprint & facilitate the development of Remediation Action Plan