Epic Environmental Pty Ltd (Epic) is a well-respected, client-focused services firm working with National clients across the mining and resources, energy and renewables, industrial, construction, infrastructure and property markets. We deliver industry leading environmental solutions for a range of services including environmental planning and EIS, environmental management and compliance, contaminated site assessment including remediation and management of contaminated soil, groundwater and sediment, property due diligence reporting, landfill design and monitoring, for the private sector as well as all levels of government.
We define ourselves by providing exceptional technical and solutions while supporting our staff to challenge themselves and accelerate their careers. We are committed to providing ongoing career and personal development opportunities and support our employees through relevant professional development and mentoring programs.
An exciting opportunity exists within our fast-growing Brisbane office for a GIS Analyst with 1+ years’ experience as a spatial and data services. Under the direction of our lead GIS analyst you will support the delivery of a diverse range of projects. Working with QGIS and ArcGIS Desktop, the successful candidate will provide a valuable in-house GIS and data management service to help us maintain our reputation for innovation and quality. The person will be encouraged to help develop our technical capabilities through technological developments, data integration and spatial modelling to provide our clients with an improved range of services.
At Epic we are selective in developing our diverse and effective team culture and will only consider diligent, passionate and motivated professionals with the ability to seize the initiative, apply innovative ideas and demonstrate technical excellence. You will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications from a recognised institution in environmental science, geospatial, data science or suitable experience in GIS
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in a GIS Analyst role and preferable in a consulting environment
- Ability to produce high-quality map products and the ability to work productively, prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Ability to project and translate spatial information
- Operational understanding of QGIS, and the ESRI ArcGIS Product Suite
- A sound understanding of the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Knowledge of databases and Queensland and NSW Government’s database querying
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated team player and able to self-motivate and take ownership of and be accountable for delivery of projects.
- Desire to learn on emerging technologies and open to sharing ideas.
- CAD skills
- Programming or scripting skills (Python)
- ArcGIS Model Builder
- Mobile mapping technology skills including Form Building for mobile data capture
Benefits & culture
- Flexible working arrangements
- Convenient Brisbane office location
- Supportive colleagues
- Opportunity to be involved in wide range of challenging projects
- Opportunity to help develop and improve the spatial capabilities
- Supportive and autonomous role
If you are seeking a new challenge, please call 1800 779 363 for a confidential discussion. Alternatively, submit your CV and cover letter, addressing the role requirements, to email@example.com, quoting “GIS Analyst”.