Epic Environmental Pty Ltd (Epic) is a well-respected, client-focused services firm working with National clients across the mining and resources, energy and renewables, industrial, construction, infrastructure and property markets. We deliver industry leading environmental solutions for a range of services including environmental planning and EIS, environmental management and compliance, contaminated site assessment including remediation and management of contaminated soil, groundwater and sediment, property due diligence reporting, landfill design and monitoring, for the private sector as well as all levels of government.
We define ourselves by providing exceptional technical and solutions while supporting our staff to challenge themselves and accelerate their careers.
An exciting opportunity exists within our fast-growing Brisbane office for an Environmental Scientist / Engineer with 3 – 8 years experience in Contaminated land management. Under the direction of our Principal staff and QLD EPA accredited Contaminated Land Auditor you will support the delivery of contaminated land management and remediation projects as well as working directly with Audit projects. Core tasks will include field investigation and data gathering with an emphasis on data interpretation and analysis, research literature & regulatory requirements, write internal and client correspondence and reports. Direct experience in – hydrogeology, QLD EPA Audits, State Significant Infrastructure projects, complex site assessment and remediation including managing asbestos would present a clear advantage.
At Epic we are selective in developing our diverse and effective team culture and will only consider diligent, passionate and motivated professionals with the ability to seize the initiative, apply innovative ideas and demonstrate technical excellence. You will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications from a recognised institution in environmental science, hydrogeology, geology or environmental engineering or similar relevant degree.
- A minimum of 3-8 years’ experience in an environmental consulting role with at least 2 years operating in Australia.
- Working knowledge of relevant Qld Environmental legislation and relevant contaminated land guidelines.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of the national technical framework such as NEPM (Assessment of Site Contamination).
- Exposure to proposal writing and developing innovative approaches to solving client problems.
- Understanding and experience in working within the QLD EPA Contaminated Site Auditor Framework.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience in relevant environmental documentation.
- Demonstrated team player and able to self-motivate and take ownership of and be accountable for delivery of contaminated land tasks and projects.
Benefits & culture
- Flexible working arrangements
- Convenient Brisbane office location
- Supportive colleagues
- Opportunity to be involved in wide range of challenging projects
- Opportunity to travel nationally and possibly internationally
If you are seeking a new challenge, please call 1800 779 363 for a confidential discussion. Alternatively, submit your CV and cover letter, addressing the role requirements, to email@example.com, quoting “Contaminated Land – Brisbane” in the Subject line.